In Strasbourg

In Strasbourg

Friday, October 8, 2010

My school experience - Hugh


MY SCHOOL
Experience

I have been going on a very long holiday. So I had to go to school
for two weeks. I was on holiday in Holland the land of pancakes and windmills where my mother was born.
Day one: the fourth of the tenth 2010
When dad left me at the front of the school I was the shyest boy in the world. It was really scary. No-one I knew, except for Caity, but then the teacher introduced me and it was fine. We played soccer at recess, which was really fun. During our one hour lunch break I had got to go home.
Then we went back to school for 2 hours in the afternoon. We wrote a poem and mine was about Ronaldog.

Ronaldog, Ronaldog, you are such a hog,
You hog the bed like big ben.
But with that you are quite cute,
With your big brown eyes and big black nose,
You’re the one I know, I know,
Even though you hog the bed,
Like big Ben.

After that we read a book that we had to draw one page from, which was fun. After that we went home and played soccer.

Day Two: the fifth of the tenth 2010
Yesterday when mum and dad dropped me of at school I felt fine. I had such a good day yesterday I had to come back. In the morning we had math’s then we went out for recess.
To play soccer it was so fun I scored three goals.
Then we typed our poems up on the computer. After that we went home for lunch. For lunch I had pasta and meat and tomato sauce. Then I went back to school.
  When I got back to school we got strait back to working. I was drawing and water painting a picture of Ronaldog in the snow when I had finished I went home.
Day three: the sixth of the tenth 2010
What did we do? We had a half day on Wednesday. We did maths in the morning and then after that we had a drama lesson. I acted as Mr Bean. Then we had gymnastics for 45 minutes. For gymnastics we had activities ,One was passing a ball five times and stand in a hoop there was a box with three cones. Whoever hit the most cones down wins. We also made a book because it is book week here. Then we went home and shopped and got some lollies. We went out to dinner at Mulia an Indonesian restaurant. They gave me a very fast spinning top.
Day 4 the seventh of the tenth 2010
On the last day we first had maths then we did a water painting of my dog Ronaldog. Then we went home for lunch and I had cheese toasties. In the afternoon we walked to a play which was a mime. It was a really good play. After that we finished off our book and went home.

Today is Friday and I am home sick with a cold. Caity has gone to school.
My school experience was amazing. It was really fun. There were things that were different like half day on Wednesday and going home for lunch. Most kids ride bikes to school here. You don’t have to wear a school uniform. You address your teacher by her first name Elske. The classrooms are pretty similar. Except they have a smartboard. They have a toilet for each class.

No comments:

Post a Comment